SkipTheDishes has released a new ad titled ‘Canada is So in Right Now’ featuring Mad Men star Jon Hamm.
The ad has the Emmy Award-winning actor playing himself as an “honourary Canadian” who talks about his favourite aspects of Canada while wearing a maple leaf sweater.
Skip aired its first ad with Hamm during last October’s NHL season opener and ran a subsequent ad during the Super Bowl in February.
Alongside the ad, Skip has revealed a few new statistics regarding its Canadian customers’ ordering habits this year:
- Albertans have ordered the most Montreal smoked meat sandwiches and tourtiere
- British Columbians have ordered almost 300,000 individual Timbits, which works out to about 1,250 Timbits ordered each day
- Calgary has Canada’s most active SkipTheDishes user, with 735 orders placed between January and September (an average of three orders each day)
- Canada’s largest single Skip order was placed in Toronto, cost $4004 and consisted of nothing but beef
- Ontarians have placed nearly 650,000 orders for poutine so far, making the province on track to have about one million poutine orders on Skip alone by 2020