For all the those who aren’t fans of the Google Pixel 3 XL’s notch, similar to other notched Android devices out there, it is possible to hide it.
Similar to the Google Pixel 2 XL, in order to add a fake notch, users will have to dive deep into the phone’s Developer Options.
Below is a quick guide that explains how to get rid of the notch:
- Head to the ‘Settings’ on the Pixel 3 XL.
- Navigate to the ‘Systems’ tab
- Tap on ‘About Phone’
- Go down until you reach ‘Build Number’
- Tap on ‘Build Number’ until it asks to enter your password then proceed to enter your password
- Developers Options should now be activated.
- Then navigate back into the ‘Settings’ menu
- Tap on ‘System’
- Navigate down towards and tap on ‘Developer options’
- Go down until you see ‘Device Cutou’=t’ and tap it
- From there tap on the ‘hide’ option, and your notch should disappear.
Now it looks like you have a Pixel 2 XL as far as the display is concerned, though the smartphone is obviously still the Pixel 3 XL
It’s clear that Google wants users to keep the cutout with how deep the company buried the setting to turn it off. That said, if the Pixel 3 XL’s notch is what is keeping you from being interested in the device, you may now want to reconsider.
Source: Android Authority