Remember over the last few days Rogers was giving their customers who bought the Android-powered HTC Dream an opportunity to upgrade to an HTC Magic? This all started when it was announced that the Dream was not going to see the light of day for the anticipated 2.1 OS. Hence Rogers has created this “one-time limited-time offer” because they are “committed to our Android phones and Android customers”. Here are the details:
– Current Rogers customers who activated a new Rogers HTC Dream through Dec. 31, 2009 – either through upgrade or a new activation – may upgrade that device to an HTC Magic for a limited time.
– Upgrades must be done through Customer Care (1-888-Rogers1) or through Rogers.com (existing 3yr data plan required for online upgrades, instructions below). This special upgrade offer does not apply at retail.
– This limited-time upgrade is available between January 12 and January 26 only.
– The $79 upgrade cost of the device, plus the $35 administration fee are being waived. Customers who choose to take advantage of this offer get a $599 phone for $0 with the renewal of a three-year term from the date of the upgrade (For most customers, this will represent a contract extension of seven months or less).
– The upgrade is completely optional. Customers who choose to can stick with their HTC Dreams and remain in their current contracts.
So for all you Dream owners out there.. how many of you will be upgrading?