October 14, 2009 8:31 am
It was last week that we sat down with WIND Mobile for an interview to discuss what their potential customers would experience. We stated “At launch (targeted November/December) they will have six devices available in which some will be Data devices; they will launch first in Calgary and Toronto and at their stores they will have no cash desks “or any barriers with the customer… a completely digital environment”…In addition, when it comes to price plans they are looking to offer only 3 different plans which to them is “2 more than we’d need”.
News comes today in the form of a rumour of some possible devices and price plans. Here is what has surfaced today, WIND Mobile will have:
- No contracts
- No System Access Fee
- No Caller ID or Voice Mail fees
- No in province Long Distance (i.e. calling anywhere in your province should be a local call)
- There will only be 3 rate plans to start
- BlackBerry Bold 9700, HTC Snap/Dash 3G & Huawei U8220
- There will also be a Samsung slider with a full slide out keyboard
- All stores will have Microsoft Surface (see video)
Sounds promising… The truth will eventually unfold but just remember when the leaked slides of the entire lineup was put online, this ended up being fake. We have reached out to our contacts to find out more.