Samsung has been on a tear recently of trademarking various Galaxy names. Perhaps they are protecting themselves from the eager patent trolls, but some of the names are certainly exciting: Axiom, Awaken, Heir, Rite, Emerge, Stellar, Halo, Grand, Premier, Next, Metrix, Velvet and Legend.
Now we can add six more to buffet. Samsung filed trademark applications on May 10th with the United States Patent and Trademark Office that cover “mobile telephones and smartphones.” The chosen Galaxy names are the Lunge, Forge, Rivet, Wield, Mission and Victory.
– Galaxy Lunge (Serial No.85621870)
– Galaxy Forge (Serial No. 8561866)
– Galaxy Wield (Serial No. 85621864)
– Galaxy Mission (Serial No. 85621859)
– Galaxy Rivet (Serial No. 85621854)
– Galaxy Victory (Serial No.85621853)
No other details for any of these names are listed. What do you think… will one of these be a Galaxy S III variant?