Who needs internal docs to let then know about when we can expect a device to be upgraded? Not TELUS customers. The friendly mobile carrier has shed some light on where various device upgrades stand. They’ve uploaded a schedule, plus indicated if it’s in testing or not, and gives an estimated time of when the next OS for your Android, Windows Phone, iPhone or BlackBerry is expected to roll out. Here’s the latest info, dated May 3rd:
- Samsung Galaxy SII X upgrade to 4.0 is expected Early June
- Samsung Galaxy Note upgrade to 4.0 is expected Early June
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 upgrade to 4.01 is expected Mid June
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 upgrade to 4.0 is expected Late July
- LG Optimus LTE 4.0 upgrade to 4.0 is expected Mid July
- HTC Amaze 4G upgrade to 4.0 is expected May 28th
- Moto Xoom upgrade to OS 4.0 is expected Late May
- S.E Xperia Ray 4.0 Not in TELUS labs June 11th
- BlackBerry Bold 9790 upgrade to OS 7.1 is expected Early June
- No Updates Currently Planned.
- Nokia Lumia 800 upgrade is probably the battery fix issue and is expected to be Early June
The document is titles “Device OS Upgrade schedule” and clearly states a couple times that “Expected dates are subject to change.” However, this is great progress of being completely transparent.
Check it here at TELUS