Ouch. Rogers new discount wireless brand had a targeted for a possible launch date of July 21st… but thanks to one of our tipsters who let us know the launch has been delayed “with a revised launch date to be determined”. Perhaps Mobilicity complaining did do something??
Yesterday we got pics of the 4 devices that Chatr will be launching but according to the internal doc we received execs asked that employees “hold the Chatr items in your storage rooms until confirmation has been provided”. Have a read below and let us know your thoughts:
In anticipation of the upcoming launch which was scheduled for July 21st, Chatr had arranged to have handsets and fixtures shipped out to stores this week for arrival Monday or Tuesday next week.
Unfortunately Chatr has now confirmed that the launch has been delayed, with a revised launch date to be determined. As a result, we ask that you hold the Chatr items in your storage rooms until confirmation has been provided. Once this has been confirmed, we’ll send a notification with details of when and how to display the new Chatr POP. We are mindful of the limited storage space available in your stores, and appreciate your efforts to accommodate these additional pieces until the Chatr launch date is confirmed.
Chatr shipment details:
- Handsets have been shipped with expected delivery today or Monday July 19 in store (please hold these items in the backrooms for now)
- Fixtures for Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton have been shipped and will arrive in store on July 19/20 (please have courier deliver fixtures to your storage rooms)
- Kiosk store fixtures for Ontario have shipped and will arrive in store on July 19/20
- Inline store fixtures for Ontario have been held back
- The collateral and dummy phone shipments have been stopped
- Emailing of the store administrator user ID’s and passwords is on hold
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
(Thanks d-insider and iSellPhones!)