Round 125 of the Canadian Wireless Spectrum has reached $4,060,507,420 with Rogers Wireless alone accounting for almost 23%. See details here
Already owning 48% of UK-based Symbian, Nokia will pay $410 million for the remaining 52% and make its software royalty-free. “It offers us an opportunity to innovate faster on a bigger, united, more widely accepted platform. It also enables us to deliver new products, we believe, faster to the market.” said Kai Oistamo, head of Nokia’s devices business
Are you BlackBerry Pimpin’? Check this song called “Hit Me On My BlackBerry!”
As Quebecor continues to work its way through the Canadian Wireless Auction, Vidéotron (their wireless division) released a new promo: If you buy the Motorola V190 (a very basic flip phone) you get a free accessory kit that includes a hydrofoam case, car charger and hands-free headset.
Telus officially launches 3 new GPS solutions for business: TELUS Asset Tracker, TELUS Resource Tracker and TELUS Track and Dispatch
Check out these pics of the not-yet-released BlackBerry flip phone “Kickstart”
RIM will report results for the Q1 2009 on June 25, 2008
Primus is offering up to 6 free months of incoming, a free car charger and case, 100 Air Miles or 2000 Aeroplan Miles. Basic plans start at 15 bucks and go up to 50. You can also stack on additional features such as voicemail and texting. Read the fine print as they have included a generous $200 cancellation fee.
MTS Allstream wants to challenge you to make a difference. They are the sponsors of the “Pollution Probe 2008 Clean Air Commute” that is happening June 23 to 27, 2008 in the Greater Toronto Area. The purpose is to find cleaner and more environmentally friendly ways to commute to work every day and help reduce greenhouse gas emissions