CIBC has finally released its NFC enabled ‘Mobile Payment App’ for the BlackBerry Z10 (something they promised back in May). This works in conjunction with Rogers “Suretap” mobile payment system that allows users to simply pay for small item goods at various retails via their device. The app was previously compatible on the BlackBerry Bold 9900, plus several Android smartphones.
The complete list of features are as follows:
- Pay for credit card purchases up to $50
- Ability to lock the CIBC Mobile Payment App with an optional passcode
- Cardholder protection for unauthorized transactions*
- Trusted encryption technology to store your credit card on the chip in your smartphone
- Track your mobile purchases on your CIBC credit card statement, or through online or mobile banking
- Accumulate rewards with a CIBC rewards credit card
No word on when the app will become available on other BB10 powered smartphones. Download the app here on your Z10 here.