Rogers employees start training on the Samsung Galaxy Note

Ian Hardy

February 7, 2012 2:15 pm


1-week from today the Samsung Galaxy Note will be available to Canadians. We’ve known that the 3-year contract price will be between $199 and $299, with Rogers being at the high-end. As for the no-contract price point, you can expect it to be around the $700 range. A sign of slight progress as Rogers employees have started their training on the phone/tablet. Although the above screenshot says the device is available, it’s not, but the training does go through the S Pen and the general features of the Android device. Also, we’re also hearing that the upgrade to OS 4.0 will be available to Canadians before May.

(Thanks tipster!)

  • Dimitri

    & yet the reps barely know anything about the products they have to learn about or have. This is a issue with Rogers. Only lets say 25% of the reps know something about the devices. The other 75% know nothing or little about the product they have to sell..

    It shows that Rogers will get it soon but with a price tag of $299 & $700 outright i doubt a lot of people will get it. Most will likely wait until others start selling it on Kijiji for less. Yes i know but a lot of people do not have $300 for 3 year turn OR $700 outright for a phone.

    Amazing phone all in all. Had a great time using one from my buddy. I love it.

    • Jeff Sean

      When you call a cellphone cie, most of the time you’ll get a third party, they outsource their call centers, usually when you make 2/3 of what a first party rep makes, you tent to dont give a f**k bout your job.

    • Carl

      well said, i won’t sign a 3 years contract (till 2015) and still paying $300 plus taxes and fees, way too expensive! They must lower the price to $199 maximum like Bell! Robers!

    • SAM

      THE RELEASE DATE IS LESS THAN A WEEK AND WE STILL DON’T HAVE THE EXACT DATE FOR THE NOTE!!!

      AT&T RELEASED IT FOR 299.00 ON A 2 YEARS, I GUESS ROGERS WILL BE 399 ON A 3 YEARS, UNLESS BELL RELEASE THE DEVICE ON THE 14 FOR 199 ON A THREE YEARS THEN ROGERS WILL BE FORCED TO SALE IT FOR 199 WHICH IS A REASONABLE PRICE!!

      BUYING THE PHONE OUTRIGHT WONT SAVE YOU ANY MONEY, YOU STILL HAVE TO GO AND GET THE PLAN FOR 45++

      IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT IDEA SHOW ME HOW YOU WOULD SAVE MONEY WHEN BUYING IT OUTRIGHT?

  • Zombie Ted Rogers

    Rogers isn’t interested in selling phones outright. There’s more money to be made selling it as an early upgrade to existing customers. Getting those 3 year contracts locked in and renewed is top priority over at Robbers.

  • D.B

    I am so glad that I have pull all cell phone lines out of Robber 18 months ago! I finally see the reason for getting unlocked phone after years of 90+ monthly bill. So happy with my GS2 now.

  • WP74Life

    Wow, still 299$ on a 3 years contract !
    haha.
    Rogers is really outta this world.
    If only it was the lumia 900!
    At least, you don’t get screwed with WP7.

    • Manbo

      LOLOLOLOLOL!
      Seriously… you would pay $300 for a Lumia on a 3 year contract??? Are you really that out of touch with reality?
      I wouldn’t pay $300 for any phone on a 3 year contract. That’s just nuts.

  • MattyMattMatt

    Lol, did this training a week ago. Don’t for these guys, obviously.

  • AndroidForLife

    They’ll put it on promo pricing for the same (maybe a little higher) than Bell. Rogers will always have the highest pricing. Their entire business model is premised on people paying them more for the same or less than what others do. Always has been, always will be.

  • EmperumanV

    Ah the irony. I always love to ask questions to those reps who still have no clue and stump them. Gives me such joy :)

    To think they actually learn anything when having training.

  • jon_d0e1

    too bad its not 7″/8″ display. When will phone makers realize us android users want a 7″+ phone? Bigger is always better.

  • Jr67

    First lesson: how to teach customers how to sit with one of these in their pocket without severing a testicle. Answer: explain they should use their purse.

  • JSKershaw

    Rogers will lower the price at launch to match the competition. They did the same thing with the Galaxy Nexus. People need to relax and wait for the official launch with the promo pricing to be announced before going off the deep end.

  • Tal

    Apparently only Bell in Canada will have it for 3 years contract as 199$. The rest are selling it for 299$.

    BUT the annoying thing is that they DO NOT PLAN TO HAVE A ONE OR TWO YEAR CONTRACT ON IT!
    Its 3 years or full price. I told the BestBuy rep on the phone that he can seriously go to Samsung and tell them they are crazy. No $$$ for you.

  • ab

    I plan to get mine when my year is up in March. My wife gets my iphone 4 and I get to play with android for a year (at least).