December 14, 2009 1:16pm
Now that us Canadians actually have Amazon’s e-book reader “Kindle” available to us… a free Phone app have been officially launched also. Basically if you have an iPhone you can save yourself some money and install the “Kindle App”.
Available in 60 countries, Canada being one of them, the Kindle App can:
* Purchase, download and read hundreds of thousands of books available in the Kindle Store.
* Read the beginning of books for free before they buy.
* Add and automatically synchronize bookmarks and last page read.
* Access their library of previously purchased Kindle books stored on Amazon’s servers for free.
* Choose from six different font sizes and adjust words per line.
* Add and view notes and highlights marked on Kindle and Kindle DX.
* Read books in full color including children’s books, cookbooks, travel books, textbooks and graphic novels.
Get is at the App Store by searching “Kindle App”. I’m more curious how Indigo “Shortovers” will respond to the new app. Competition is a good thing right… only until they invade your territory.